The support groups on this page are local to the Cincinnati, Ohio area. A list of national support groups is being formed.
Click here to see the fibromyalgia support groups across the country, that have so far submitted for listing.
What is a Support & Education Group?
- People who share a common concern who get together in an effort to help themselves and each other
- A place to find others who share your concerns
- An environment that sets the stage for mutual encouragement, support, comfort and positive feedback
- An atmosphere that allows for personal growth, closer interpersonal relationships, and increased self-esteem, self-determination and self-efficacy
- A place where feelings and concerns can be safely and freely expressed
What Kind of Things Happen in a Support and Education Group?
A great deal of talking and listening are characteristic of Support Groups.
Members are involved in:
- Sharing Experiences
- Giving Mutual Support
- xchanging Information and Resources
- Planning Other Activities
- Learning from Speaker Presentations
- Making New Friends
- Discovering New Ways of Handling Problems
Fibro Hope Support Group — Real Help ~ Real Hope
Mission to provide vital information, resources, education and expert opinions for healing and coping in an upeat, loving atmosphere where encouragement, acceptance, and solutions are shared.
The Founder of Fibro Hope, Leah McCullough, suffered from Fibromyalgia and its coexisting conditions since 1990. Completely disabled between the years 2003-2007, in 2008 she dramatically recovered her health. This support group was born as a vehicle to share invaluable information to al who suffer fromo Fibromyalgia and are seeking a journey towards wellness.
Meetings scheduled 2nd Saturday of the Month from 1:00-3:00pm.
Location: Northern Kentucky Area Development District Building. 22 Spiral Drive, Florence, KY.
Cincinnati Fibromyalgia Support Group
TriHealth Fitness & Health Pavilion
6200 Pfeiffer Road
Cincinnati, OH 45242
Meets the 3rd Monday of each month. Starting January 19, 2009 7:00-9:00 pm Room A at TriHealth
For Additional Information, Please call: 513-527-5048, ext. 304
The Fibromyalgia, Myofascial Pain & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Support Group is sponsored by the National Fibromyalgia Association
Women of Worth (WOW)
632 Vine St. Cincinnati, OH 45202
Calling all you fun loving ladies with disabilities. Come to Women of Worth (WOW) to make friends, share experiences, create a support network, and vent. Come with a light heart and leave with an optimistic smile. Second Thursday morning of each month in the 6th floor conference room at 10:30a.m.-12:00p.m.
RSVP to Ian Reckers @ 241-2600 ext 15