If you would like to list your support group here, please contact us.
What is a Support & Education Group?
- People who share a common concern who get together in an effort to help themselves and each other
- A place to find others who share your concerns
- An environment that sets the stage for mutual encouragement, support, comfort and positive feedback
- An atmosphere that allows for personal growth, closer interpersonal relationships, and increased self-esteem, self-determination and self-efficacy
- A place where feelings and concerns can be safely and freely expressed
What Kind of Things Happen in a Support and Education Group?
A great deal of talking and listening are characteristic of Support Groups.
Members are involved in:
- Sharing Experiences
- Giving Mutual Support
- Exchanging Information and Resources
- Planning Other Activities
- Learning from Speaker Presentations
- Making New Friends
- Discovering New Ways of Handling Problems