At the Blatman Health and Wellness Center, we offer several different intravenous therapies. Some of these we consider wellness IVs – safe, nutrient-filled solutions that can give your body a boost back to health and balance. For these wellness IVs, we have a streamlined path to treatment; you will see our nurse practitioner and go right to your first treatment, all in the same appointment.
There are several types of IVs we offer at our wellness clinic. These include:
Myers’ Cocktail IV Therapy for Recovery & Overall Support
This is a blend of vitamins and minerals considered essential to the human body and at appropriate levels help the body perform hundreds of roles. Myers’ cocktail IV treatments can help with immune building, gastric upset, and hangovers. Utilized by holistic health doctors for several decades, Myers’ cocktails are a suspension of:
- B vitamins: A potent complex of B vitamins fuels your body’s cells to break down carbs and fat into amino acids while sending energy-boosting nutrients and oxygen throughout the body.
- Calcium: Besides encouraging healthy bones, calcium plays an important role in muscle and nerve function, and aids in regulating sinus rhythm (read: pace of your heartbeats).
- Magnesium: This mineral is important for balancing several systems in your body, supporting heart health, blood sugar, muscle and nerve function, blood pressure, and more.
- Vitamin C: A powerful dose of vitamin C supports immune function by protecting your body against toxic materials encountered in the environment and things like processed foods and second-hand tobacco smoke. Vitamin C is known to scavenge free radicals.
Lactated Ringer’s, Quench & Saline IV Solutions for Hydration
Dehydration takes a toll on your body – from your skin to your blood pressure to your kidneys. Wellness IVs are an effective way to restore fluid volume in the body quickly and balance the body’s PH with electrolytes.
- Lactated Ringer’s is a super-hydrating solution with sodium lactate. Sodium lactate helps reduce the body’s acidity level. Intravenous treatments of lactated Ringer’s help regulate blood pressure and supports muscle strength.
- Saline is the standard IV fluid used to replace the electrolytes and water loss in a dehydrated patient, and to help to balance the patient’s PH system. A suspension of .9% salt in water, normal saline is used for hydration and energy boosting.
- The Quench IV is designed to replenish the fluids needed for optimal wellness, fighting fatigue caused by dehydration. This intravenous therapy is used for rehydrating and detoxifying your body. The proprietary Quench IV blend of ascorbic acid, vitamin B blend and mineral mixture restores essential vitamins, which can reduce inflammation, improve circulation and fight fatigue.
Recovery & Performance IV for Increased Energy
This wellness IV is designed to help kick start your metabolism and help you feel more energized. It is used to support athletic performance and balanced weight by promoting fat loss and metabolic function. The Recovery IV treatment provides the nutrients needed for optimal wellness in an active lifestyle. Active ingredients include:
- Ascorbic Acid: A form of that all-important vitamin C, ascorbic acid helps stall things that damage cells, reducing inflammation caused by athletic training, and supporting faster recovery from injury.
- B vitamins: A potent complex of B vitamins help protect the sheath around nerve cells, create new red blood cells, and transport important amino acids to the muscles to aid in rebuild and recovery.
- Amino Acids: Powerful nutrients that are the building blocks of everything in the body, amino acids help produce new cells, promote energy production, promote muscle health, and reduce fat synthesis.
Immune-Boosting IV for Illness Recovery & Prevention
Designed to help boost your immune system, prevent illnesses and make you feel better faster after getting sick, this intravenous therapy can help improve immunity and promote overall health. Used to protect against infection, improves healing time, build up your immune system, and reduce duration of illnesses. Ingredients suspended in this IV treatment include
- Ascorbic Acid: Of the numerous benefits of vitamin C, it acts as a restorer and protector of the immune system. It has antimicrobial properties, and protects tissue health by acting as an antioxidant.
- B vitamins: B complexes are important nutrients that help regulate almost every bodily system, including the immune system. By promoting homeostasis and cell nourishment, it supports immune function.
- Zinc Sulfate: This nutrient is vital to healthy DNA production, and normal development and function of cells, which increases your body’s innate immunity.
Small Vitamin C 25,000mg for Immune System Support
Vitamin C IVs are an effective way to get a super-dose of this protective and reparative vitamin. Vitamin C is a vital nutrient to the body’s immune and healing systems, helping to regulate and improve their function.
Boosting the immune system helps with building collagen, preventing infection, and healing of damaged cells. Wellness IVs comprised of vitamin C solutions are used for detoxification, immune building, and collagen repair.
BrainStorm IV Therapy for Cognitive Support
Combining folic acid, B12, L-taurine and alpha-lipoic acid, the Brainstorm IV may help improve overall brain function, increase memory recall and enhance certain aspects of learning.
- Alpha-lipoic Acid: ALA is an antioxidant naturally made by the body. It has been shown in clinical settings to reduce and improve memory impairments, and boost cognition by stimulating the production of acetylcholine.
- Folic Acid: This B vitamin has specific support mechanism for cognitive and motor functions. Clinical data indicates it improves cognition and memory on the short and long-term.
- L-Taurine: A multifaceted amino acid, L-taurine has demonstrated an ability to minimize age-related cognitive decline and to protect the brain from environmental toxins.
- Vitamin B12: Deficiencies in B12 are directly associated with cognitive decline, as this potent vitamin has a protective effect on the central nervous system.
Oxygen & UV Treatments for Illness Recovery
We also offer intravenous oxygen and ultraviolet light treatments. These treatments can help you heal from more serious chronic illnesses by cleansing your blood and restoring mitochondrial function so your cells can make the energy they need. They are useful also to oxygenate the body before chemotherapy treatments.
Wellness IVs & Quality of Life During Cancer
Supportive care during chemotherapy can make conventional treatment less toxic and fight the toll these treatments take on the body. By restoring fluid levels and nutrient regulation, it can speed recovery from chemo treatments, which often result in days of nausea, fatigue, headaches, and more.
High-Dose Vitamin C
A 50,000 – 70,000mg intravenous dose of this known vitamin helps you recover from chemotherapy treatment by scavenging toxic materials from your bloodstream and shoring up immune function. In clinical settings, high-dose vitamin C IV therapy has prevented tumor formation, inhibited tumor growth, and even kill cancer cells.
This nutrient has been shown to be helpful in treating several types of cancer, with breast cancer being the most widely-explored in clinical studies. Data supports ALA’s use in cancer therapies, as it activates important neural pathways that regulate cancer cell growth, metabolism and spread. Activation of these pathways has helped with breast, colon and lung cancers.
Widely prescribed for cancer patients across Europe for two decades, mistletoe is administered intravenously, Intratumorally, and by sub-cutaneous injection. This treatment is used alongside conventional cancer treatment and has demonstrated anti-tumor properties, immune-boosting functions, symptom relief from chemo, and has even increased survival rate in pancreatic and other cancer patients.
A Cincinnati IV Wellness Center Focused on Quality of Life Care – for Everyone
The Blatman Health and Wellness Center of Cincinnati is focused on helping people feel better through holistic, integrative, and regenerative medicine. We have seen IV therapies help patients with anything from a bad hangover to a debilitating chronic illness. For more information on our wellness IV services, contact our office.